You can help stop the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) by sheltering in place.
STAY HOME IF YOU CAN, BE SAFE IF YOU CAN’T!
PROTECT YOURSELF FROM CORONAVIRUS
- Stay home as much as possible!
- Stay at least 6 feet from other people while out in public, outside or at work.
- Wash your hands, fingers and wrist for at least 20 seconds with soap and water after being in a public place, blowing your nose or coughing.
- Use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol and rub all over hands until dry. Soap and water for 20 seconds is best!
- Clean and disinfect surfaces often like tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, toilets, desks, sinks and electronics like phones and tablets.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick.
- Wear a face covering when in public to avoid spreading the virus to you or to others. Make a face covering from a t-shirt with instructions.
Above all – stay home! That is the best way to avoid coronavirus infection.
Share info with friends and family:
- What to Know – PrepareSTL flyer
Knowing how to protect yourself and others from coronavirus is part of the battle – but it is all about DOING IT.
The more we practice good hand washing, disinfecting and staying home as much as possible, the fewer people will get infected all at once and overload the hospitals.
So why do we need to avoid overloading hospitals?
The more people that are sick, the more people need to go to the hospital. If too many people get sick at the same time, there may not be enough spaces or resources to treat everyone as they need.
If we slow the spread, we help the hospitals too!
That is the goal – keep you, your family and your community safer and healthier!