If you are feeling sick, it is VERY important that you isolate yourself and get medical advice to help protect others from infection.
- Dry cough
- Fever (100.4 degrees F and above)
- Shortness of breath
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
IF YOU ARE SICK…
- Call your doctor before going to the ER.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions on testing and self-quarantine.
- If you don’t have a doctor or have a general question, call:
- City Health Dept: 314-657-1499 (7 days a week, 8 a.m.-10 p.m.)
- County Health Dept: 314-615-2660 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Stay home, except to get medical care. Most people with COVID-19 have mild illness and are able to recover at home without medical care.
- Isolate yourself from others in your household for at least 14 days – stay in a room with closed doors if possible.
- Here’s more information on what to do if you are sick.
Part of what makes coronavirus so difficult to deal with is that symptoms can range from mild to very severe. Symptoms usually appear 2-14 days after exposure.
YOU CAN STILL TRANSMIT COVID-19 EVEN IF YOU HAVE NO SYMPTOMS!
If you develop emergency warning signs for COVID-19 get medical attention immediately. Emergency warning signs include*:
– Trouble breathing
– Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
– New confusion or inability to arouse
– Bluish lips or face
*This list is not all inclusive. Please consult your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning.
PREPARE FOR POSSIBLE ILLNESS
- Make a plan if you have older adults or people with severe chronic illness in your home. Can someone help with shopping and caretaking while you recover?
- Choose a “sick room” that can be used to separate people if someone becomes sick.
- Have a couple weeks of groceries and other supplies on hand.
- Buy tissues, cleaning supplies, drinks and other items you might want in case someone in your household gets sick.
Here are St. Louis City and County locations for COVID-19 testing
St. Louis City Locations (call before you visit): 314-657-1499
View complete list
- Affinia Health Care (4 locations) – 314-833-2777
- BJC Healthcare – 314-747-3000
- CareSTL Health (2425 N. Whittier St.) – 314-367-5820
- CareSTL Health (5471 Dr. Martin Luther King Dr.) – 314-367-5820
- Family Care Health Centers (4352 Manchester Avenue) – 314-531-5444
- Family Care Health Centers (401 Holly Hills Avenue) – 314-678-2460
- Walgreens (1225 Union Blvd.) has drive-thru testing. Click here for more information.
St. Louis County Locations (call before you visit): 314-615-2660
View complete list at stlcorona.com